A lot has recently changed about the status of my books and website, so I thought I would give you an update.
- A new edition of Parenting from the Heart has just been published by CCB Publishing in British Columbia under a new ISBN: 978-1-927360-64-4. All previous editions are supposed to be taken out of circulation (although Amazon hasn’t caught on yet; in fact, Amazon has been very unresponsive in making all the changes they’ve been asked to make). I updated this book because my understanding has deepened a lot since earlier editions, and I wanted to be sure this new edition reflected that. However, I don’t want to mislead anyone who read an earlier edition to think this is a brand new book. Most of the stories are the same; only a few have been added. What is new are some of my explanations of what is behind this inside-out approach to parenting based on the three principles, plus there is a new Appendix on seeing typical problem behaviors of children. As a parenting instructor from Switzerland recently wrote to me: “Your book (and Modello) have rocked my world, and completely changed my relationship with my daughter … I love the new version. There were parts of the older book that didn’t sit right (small parts!) and they have been totally addressed…All I can say is: Good Job!!!!” [Please see below for ordering information.]
- A new Spanish version of Somebody Should Have Told Us!, titled Los Tres Principios has just been published by Editorial Sirio in Malaga, Spain. ISBN: 978-84-7808-813-3. It was translated by Antonio Luis Gomez, with invaluable editing by Gabriela Maldonado-Montano. I am very excited about this, especially having taught in Puerto Rico and recently in Spain. Note: This book is also being translated into German, Swedish, French and Hebrew. I will keep you posted. (Anyone know any Chinese?)
- Just a reminder that our little children’s picture book, What is a Thought? (A Thought is a Lot) coauthored by Amy Kahofer Dalsimer and me is published by Social Thinking Publishing, complete with a CD of lesson plans for teachers (or parents). We’ve been getting some great feedback on it. Amy is currently using the lesson plans to teach her second graders about thought, and it works! (They are so cute.)
- Also reminders that both Somebody Should Have Told Us! and Modello: A Story of Hope for the Inner-City and Beyond were newly published last year, also by CCB Publishing. Both of these books, while remaining essentially the same, were brought up to date and tightened up. Just as with Parenting from the Heart, all older versions are supposed to be obsolete (again, Amazon hasn’t caught on yet) so please be sure to order the CCB Publishing versions, with ISBN Numbers: Somebody… ISBN: 978-1-926918-26-6 and Modello ISBN: 978-1-926918-24-2. These two books continue to change lives (although as we know it’s not the book, it’s their own insights), and the unsolicited feedback I keep getting from these books on a regular basis is astonishing to me. For example, from the U.K.: “I wanted to write and tell you what a profound impact your book ‘Modello’ has had on my life….Both the story and the way in which you told it moved me deeply” and from Austria: “The first book I found at Amazon.com was your book “Somebody should have told us” which indeed completely changed my life, I began to feel that the happiness and love inside me was always there… I began to realize that it was only my own thinking that hold me prison, so I could free myself more and more from my own limitation…” Every new story I hear warms my heart. Too bad it’s the best kept secret in the self-help world.
All these books, of course, make great gifts for the holiday season : ). For those interested, you can order all of these books from Amazon or Barnes & Noble or any local bookstore, but as I said, be sure you are ordering the correct version. Or, you can order directly from the publishers:
- CCB Publishing: Paul Rabinovitch, Publisher, firstname.lastname@example.org (250) 635-0070; www.ccbpublishing.com. For ordering in bulk and becoming a distributor see below.
- For the Spanish version, Los Tres Principios, It should be able to be ordered from Amazon, but if you have any problems or want to order in bulk, write to email@example.com or look up http://www.editorialsirio.com/index.php?mod=colecciones&id=755. . I also have a some copies on hand, at least for a while.
- Social Thinking Publishing: www.socialthinking.com/books-products and if you want to order in bulk write firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Regarding Somebody…, Modello and Parenting from the Heart, I have worked out an arrangement with CCB Publishing that anyone can become a “book distributor” for these. This entitles you to order the books for a substantial discount (for a minimum of 10 bulk order), and then in turn sell them for list price and keep the profits. A number of people have done this and it benefits everyone. If you are interested in this arrangement, please email me and I will send the information along to you.
Last thing about Amazon: Apparently anyone who has written a review of my books has their reviews scattered across all my editions, mostly my earlier editions. I have not been able to get Amazon to consolidate the reviews under my latest edition. So you are in a position to do me a huge favor, if you’d like, if you went onto the Amazon site and wrote a review under my newest editions. Thanks so much!
I hope this finds you all very well, and thank you so much for your interest.